It really didn’t take me that long, per se, I just didn’t work on it straight through, taking breaks from sewing as that seems to be all I do in my free time lately. Even though that can’t possibly be true… But it will be soon. Miss Nora has reminded us that there are just over 60 days left until the Regency Retreat, and the following list I have for what I need clothing wise seems a bit daunting.
2 corsets – need 1
4-6 pair stockings – need 3-5
3 white petticoats – need 1
1 black under dress – need to finish trim
1 ball dress – need to redo sleeves
2 evening dresses; grey silk and purple sheer
4 day dresses – finish pink, need 3 more
Gloves, blue and white
Boots – need to make new ones for Nora and I
Dress shoes – would be nice to have another pair
2 mob caps – need 2
4 bonnets – need 2?
1 fishu – need 1
2 nightgowns – need 1 maybe
1 dressing robe – need 1
- to finish altering the pink day dress I wore on the ship in Albany; I’m changing it into a wrap around
- to finish the trim on the black dress (yes I know, this should have been done directly after the haunted summer eve, but what can ya do?)
- take Nora’s advice and get my short corset made up, since we will be sitting around a great deal at the retreat and really a short corset will be most comfortable.
- Alter my ball gown to change out the white poly for some white silk, fix the weird puckering issue (that probably only I can see) on the bodice, and replace the pearls on the outer sleeve. This dress was done a while ago, not sure if I have pix up of it, so when I start that redo I will post before and afters. I’ll probably do that for all of the redos.
- Make my green day dress, not sure what pattern to use yet…
- I’m assuming by this point we’ll have successfully turned out a Turkey red, so I can make my red day dress in the style of an extant gown I’ll post pix of at that time.
- All the underthings, maybe I can just whip em all out in a couple days since they’re not too complicated…
- The shoes!! Oh and I must must must make a viable pattern for the shoes and boots as I will be teaching a workshop on making them at the retreat.
- Dressing robe. I’ll probably need to make this pattern up at some point. I see viewing a bunch of regency era movies for ideas in my future.
- Mobcaps and fischu
- And lastly, if I have time and the inclination, another nightgown and more bonnets. I will however be making some of Stephanie’s new bonnet patterns at the retreat, so maybe it will be ok if I don’t have time for this now.
- Hmmm, feels slightly better to get that planed out. But the 60 days seems very short at this point too.
Onward and sew!!