Well, I thought there were some pictures of me all decked out in the almost finished black gown at Le Bon Ton’s Haunted Summer Evening, but it seems they have disappeared from the ether. Not to worry, I still have some trim work to finish on it, and shall post images later. In the meantime, I’ve finished cleaning up the seams on the purple sheer, and I’ve got some of the box pleats made for the black dress. I’ve also started a (gasp!) modern skirt from this Simplicity pattern.
I’ll have a white lining under a solid blue, and I’ve sketched out a design for embroidering one of the godets; I like the idea of a darker blue embroidery on the light blue fabric.
I like the two outer lilies and think I shall place one above the other, with possibly some hint of leaves or something to round out the design.
I also have a couple of lovely finds here; Nora and I were shopping at the wonderful Button Emporium and Ribbonry some time ago where I found the printed image. I decided this would be a lovely addition to our room at the Regency retreat coming up in December, and it needed only a frame, which I found today. Perfect!